Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your one week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
SmartSense by Digi Announces Chair and Members of the Foodservice Advisory Council to Empower Organizations to Leverage IoT Solutions, Promote Efficiency and Increase Efficiency within the Industry
BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SmartSense by Digi®, a subsidiary of Digi International (NASDAQ: DGII, www.digi.com), a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity solutions, announced today the creation of the Foodservice Advisory Council to support the continuous improvement of the company’s production, distribution and customer success processes.
As regulation in the food sector continues to evolve, the FSAB will advocate for strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the food supply chain while promoting public health. Showcasing a diverse collection of the best and brightest minds in the restaurant business, the council will provide critical insights and expert recommendations that will enable SmartSense by Digi to improve its IoT solutions to amplify business results, operational efficiency, loss prevention, compliance and food safety.
The FSAB will be led by John Dean, CEO of Clipper Advisory Group. He specializes in advising IT organizations on function management, practical strategic planning, business process improvement and the return on technology investments. Previously, Deane was Chief Operating Officer at Wendy’s; chief information officer at Abercrombie & Fitch; and Chief Information Officer at Ascena Retail Group. Dean will be joined by the following inaugural members:
- Victor Vercammen is vice president of risk and chief compliance officer at Giant Eagle, Inc., the leading U.S. regional food, pharmaceutical and convenience retailer, where he is dedicated to protecting customers, team members, assets and products in all operations.
- David Steck is the Vice President of IT Infrastructure and Application Development at Schnuck Markets, Inc., where he provides leadership and strategic planning for innovations in store technology – including robotics, application development , e-tags, RFID and improved supply chain processes – aimed at enabling a seamless customer experience across the company’s 112 stores.
- Tom Muller is President and Partner at Mueller Consulting, where he provides expertise to clients in restaurant management and franchising, strategic planning, menu development, P&L management and quality store operations. Previously, Tom served as President and COO of Wendy’s and Senior Vice President of Operations of Burger King.
- mike tobin is Director of Operations Administration at Charleys Philly Steaks, where he leads organizational transformation through innovative training programs and continuous process improvement. Mike is adept at identifying and improving process and system operations to drive revenue growth and organizational effectiveness.
- Laura Zelda Villarreal is president of Nutrition Core Services and a professor in the School of Nutrition program at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. She is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), School Nutrition Specialist (SNS), and Registered Dietitian (LD).
“As our clients continue to navigate unprecedented volatility, this advice will provide us with insights, insights and actionable trading advice that is invaluable in today’s market,” said Guy Yehiav, President of SmartSense by Digi. “We are grateful to this distinguished group for their continued support and look forward to working with them to support our foodservice customer communities. »
“Many companies are unaware of the opportunities that digital technologies can bring to the foodservice industry,” Deane said. “I look forward to meeting other board members and the SmartSense team to collaborate on the best ways to achieve food safety through IoT solutions.”
The Food Service Advisory Board and the recently announced Healthcare Advisory Board will meet for their first meetings October 16-18 in Boston.
For more information, visit: www.smartsense.co/
About Digi International
Digi International (NASDAQ:DGII) is a leading global provider of IoT connectivity products, services and solutions. It helps companies create next-generation connected products and deploy and manage critical communication infrastructures in demanding environments with high levels of security and reliability. Founded in 1985, Digi has helped customers connect over 100 million things and counting. For more information, visit www.digi.com.
About Digi SmartSense
SmartSense by Digi®, a business unit of Digi International (NASDAQ:DGII), is a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) sensing-as-a-service solutions that deliver dynamic, personalized monitoring of assets, process digitization and digital decision-making across major verticals. The Company Enables Business Customers to Leverage the Power of IoT Automation, Prescriptive Workflows and Insightful Analytics to Ensure Compliance, Workforce Productivity, Brand Loyalty , loss prevention, waste reduction and reduction of energy consumption. By combining new and innovative data-driven approaches with world-class IoT tools, SmartSense partners with companies to elevate their business outcomes and asset protection to new heights. For more information visit https://www.smartsense.co/
Communications on global results
Source: Digi International