A Chicago food delivery driver was the victim of a carjacking while making a delivery in the 1000 block of North Boulevard at 2:02 a.m. on September 2.
The driver got out of the vehicle to hand over control when the driver was attacked from behind by three men and a woman. Once the driver touched down, the violators searched the driver’s pockets and took the keys to the driver’s red 2013 Lexus GS 350 and the driver’s LG Notebook smartphone, according to Oak Park police reports. The attackers then fled in the Lexus in an unknown direction.
The value of the loss is estimated at $25,800.
- Someone broke into a vehicle by smashing the front passenger side window with a brick, then ransacked the interior of the vehicle, removing cash, between midnight and 7:45 a.m. on September 4 in the block 200 North Marion Street. The estimated total value of damage and property loss is $950.
- Someone broke into the front door of a residence in the 1100 block of Randolph Street between 11:15 p.m. and 11:36 p.m. on September 4. It is not yet known if any items were stolen.
motor vehicle theft
- A black 2019 Mercedes GLE 63 S with keys inside was removed from a garage in the 1100 block of Clarence Avenue between 4:55 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. on September 2. The vehicle was recovered by Chicago police without apprehension in the 8800 block of South Ada Street at 1:30 a.m. on September 3.
- A 2018 Hyundai Elantra parked in the 300 block of Harrison Street was stolen between midnight and 2:49 p.m. on September 3. The loss is estimated at $15,000.
- A black 2018 Hyundai Elantra was taken from the first block of Garfield Street between 7 p.m. on August 28 and 7:15 a.m. on August 29. The vehicle, which had a broken rear side window and a detached steering column, was later recovered from the 900 block of South Lyman Avenue.
- A 2011 Chevrolet Suburban parked behind a business in the 800 block of South Oak Park Avenue was taken between 2:30 p.m. and 6 p.m., Aug. 31.
- Someone removed the umbrella from the patio furniture in an Oak Park resident’s yard in the 400 block of Greenfield Street between 8 p.m. Aug. 31 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 1. The estimated loss is $50.
- A package containing medication delivered by the U.S. Postal Service was removed from a porch on the 200 block of South East Avenue between 11:45 a.m. and 3:22 p.m., Aug. 23.
Criminal property damage
- Someone used a sharp tool to make two large scratches on the passenger side of a 2016 Chevrolet Traverse parked in the 1200 block of North Austin Boulevard between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 30 and 3:02 p.m. Aug. 31.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, come from reports from August 23 to September 5 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Everyone named in these reports has only been charged with one crime and the cases have not yet gone to trial. We only report a suspect’s race when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s assistance in proceeding. to an arrest.